Translator

Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

High School Assembly

I recently arranged a huge assembly at my High School. Today was the day that I brought in two guest speakers and my best lyme buddie and little brother and we tried to keep the attention span of 200 teenagers. We opened a lot of eyes. Close to the end I got time to do a mini rant and tell my story, expressing how invisible the disease is and the things I've been told by doctors. So many eyes are opened, it was wonderful. I'm so proud of myself for standing up and sharing such personal and painful information with my peers, and really getting the chance to tell them how it is. I have at least 15 other presentations to do at the middle school. That should be loads of fun, and then a few more presentations at the high school health classes and we should be all set. This month is a busy one, but the fact that I'm starting a book and public speaking makes me feel like I'm making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.