Translator

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Candida Overgrowth, Intestinal Yeast

Over the past few weeks I've suffered with severe stomach pain. The emergency room proved uneventful and we just found some small ovarian cysts but nothing to really explain my pain in full. Through talking with a friend and research I started looking into intestinal yeast overgrowth or infection. Its more likely to occur from too much good bacteria dying off due to antibiotics or birth control. I've been on antibiotics for 2 1/2 years and always have stomach issues. Candida can cause stomach pain, indigestion, nausea, acid reflux, headaches, fatigue, dandruff, thrush of the tongue, sore throats and nasal swelling, sleep issues, and ovarian cysts or dysfunctions. Wow, doesn't that cover a lot. :P I thought this made sense, so I looked into it further and my mother and I found a spit test that you do first thing in the AM, which was a great signifier for me, and even a symptoms point based test where I blew positive out of the park. Treatment is lots of magnesium calcium, which i tripled my herbal amounts and added garlic, and started magnesium drinks, also high amounts of pro biotics like yogurt, refrigerated pro biotic drinks, pills before bed, and on top of everything a diet restricting the amount of yeast and sugars, even natural fruity sugars, from diet. The diet is tough, no dairy, light amounts of nuts, reduced yeast, and very small amounts of fruit. Allowed: meat, and vegetables like salad and beans, small amounts of nuts, olive oil, and malto dextrins that are in sugar free flavorings. Whew, this is going to be a fun next few months trying to get my body back on track. google this if you think you may have a Candida issue, its dangerous and quite important to discover for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.