Translator

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Catching Up

I have not been on here in a little over a year, and I'm sorry to my followers for that. The next series of posts will be an attempt to catch everyone up on what I've been dealing with. I haven't had the brain power to post but I'm going to suffer through it for now. Here goes, starting with a quick run over of last summer. Basically, last year at this time, so around March, I started on four antibiotics. I had been on three of which I don't recall which ones (I think Plaquenil, Biaxin, Amoxy) for three months since the beginning of January, but they didn't seem to really do too much more than any other treatment I'd been on. That March was a big month for me. I started on Amoxy, Minocycline, Rifampin, Plaquenil and the usual Cat's Claw, Artemesia, and Andrographis herbs. My pills numbered in the sixties per day, but I just kept chugging. By May, I had never felt so well in my life. I was back to a full swing teenagers lifestyle, the tail bone surgery was healed 100% and the hyper trophic or raised scarring I had was softening up (I still have tail bone pain), even my headache that I'd had for 2 1/2 years with no relief, had subsided. On return to the Lyme Doctor in June we decided I was cured, the 'C' word, and started to take me off med.s two months later. That was sure great, and I felt amazing, even accomplishing a hike to the top of Mt. Lafayette, the second highest mount in NH, in August. As golden as things felt with full time school around the corner, a new boyfriend who took the cake, and health, things started to go back down hill that fall. At first I didn't want to admit it, but I have accepted now, month's later, that I've fully relapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.