Translator

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bartonella, Babesia

This is a little update and info on co-infections. Bartonella and Babesia are only one of the most popular co-infections in the tick disease community. (Bartonella is also known as 'Cat Scratch Fever'.) The marks for the traditional Bartonella 'rash' mostly appear somewhat as stretch marks in deeper purple or red along irrational spots on the body, but some get faded, these are stretch-mark impersonators that don't look anything to worry about. Young children, elderly people, even anorexic sufferers can get this awkward design on parts of the body(seen it in a book somewhere..). I know this from my mothers research to discover the cause of my bright purple marks on the inside of my thigh. They are slightly raised, and in the cork- screw shape almost like the spirochete itself! I was shocked when I first realized them one day trying on clothing. This was new, it just appeared, and was bright! (To make clear before continuing I have not yet been diagnosed officially with any co-infections as the IGeneX testing was too expensive for this workup. I have been assumed by my LLMD to have some sorts of co-infections, due to my symptoms and reactions to medicines.) These marks frightened me and I showed my mom. I had gained about 50 pounds over the year due to medicines, including growth in height, and foot size, and not being as active. I knew they looked similar to a picture I had seen before. Months later she was researching pictures on the computer and saw EXTREMELY similar marks from another female teen's thighs, and they looked exact...

So over time we concluded the reason and have printed pictures to show my LLMD next appointment. my brother has marks alike on his torso and shoulders, some on his legs that have gotten worse, moved, faded, and lengthened over the past year that we believe are Bartonella. My mom is getting him and my father tested for Lyme and making appointments for the LLMD.

So if you know someone or think someone has irregular marks, DON'T put it off for any further length of time, see a Lyme friendly Doctor and get the test done!!! A few herbs can take care of it for a length of time, or a while of antibiotics. I can't stress it enough how important it is to treat it ASAP... I would hate for more to suffer for a mark that looks like a stretch-mark.... But wouldn't you be concerned too if you were (or some cases are) in my shoes?

Babesia is similar, treatment and symptoms and testing. I may have that too considering my sleep issues, headaches, fatigue, and so much more similar symptoms. research up on this disease so you can help others near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.