Translator

Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Herx reaction.

So I just started treatment of Lyme disease (Borrelia Burgdorferi) and a co-infection, either Babesia or Bartonella. Stay on the look-out for what protocols or treatments I am on....

The scoop behind the Herxeimer (Herx) reaction all began when Dr. Herxeimer discovered that Lyme, when subjected to something that harms them like Antibiotics (ABX) or the herbs that FIGHT the bacteria (spirochetes), produce a protective film. Basically its a toxin to strengthen themselves and fight the enemies. This toxin soon makes the body feel like crap, to simply put it. Like all other chemical waste, it gets filtered through the Kidneys and Liver where the bile is suppose to join up with it, and then be sort of a tour guide on its journey to the toilet. When Lyme backs up ones intestines, the bile and toxin are reabsorbed and put back on a trip to upset your symptoms, and less bile is produced because of the old stuff hanging around. This is when you are very sick, all because of the Lyme Treatment. Some peoples are worse than others, mine happens to be annoying!

For future reference to those who are curious, my Herx so far has just been a flu-like attack. I get flushed and hot (without a fever), my headache boosts into migraine mode, lights attack my pupils so I stay pretty dark, and sound provokes my extreme nausea. I get dizzy (vertigo) and extremely weak, with a bucket by my side just in case. I do not end up puking though, thank go0dness!

To help with this absolutely crumby feeling, I take a couple different substances. First I take a pill called Welchol. It is supposed to absorb any medicine or toxin, so it must be taken 1 hour away from other pills (hard to plan the day out with 5 different sets of pills and a specific spacing between). The Welchol is a cholesterol pill, so thankfully it stops the re-absorbency of Bile and Toxins. Another herbal substance is Calcium C powder. Mix it 2 tsp. to some water, chug it down, and naturally you have yourself using the bathroom and increasing Bile production (very good since more bile absorbs more Toxins). Its nasty though! I also started taking Charcoal pills since they are natural and bind to the chemicals too. I haven't determined whether they help or not yet, but I'm pretty sure they will. An M.D. usually uses it if a kid is intoxicated by a harmful substance, and they need to get it out of the body.

Well, hope you liked this and the explanations I pulled from my little brain. I have this information based on 'Under our Skin'
the film production that sums up all scientific and political battles with Lyme, and the books that my mother reads to me sometimes. Oh yeah, and the LLMD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.