Translator

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Busy Week Before I Started Schoolwork

The week before I started schoolwork I worked a temporary position at Gunstock and got to attend the Soulfest for the four days I was there. Soulfest is a four day christian concert with over 100 artists and 5 separate stages. 10,000 people were there on the Saturday and that evening I got to see Casting Crowns. I saw Switchfoot, TobyMac, Casting Crowns, Lecrae, Fireflight, Family Force 5, Kutless, Rachel Taylor, Phil Joel and Peter Furler, Paul Colman, and so many more in the four evenings I was there. During the day I worked 8 hours with the adventure center doing zip line harnesses and directing people, answering questions, guiding the guests, etc. It was a worthwhile week. The third day I even got to go zip lining when it quieted down. That was the best experience I've had yet. It was amazing! Flying down through the trees at 59 mph and riding five different spans of line in the sun with an amazing view of Lake Winnepesaukee. I had a blast! I just wish it didn't take so much energy for me to participate in all the activity. I was pretty beat afterwards and spent all Sunday sick as a dog hanging over a bucket. Then Monday my tutoring was starting so I had to keep pushing through like I do best.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you got to do fun things, but I totally know what you mean when you say you were beat afterwards. I feel that way all the time--you finally get to do something you enjoy, but you just feel miserable afterwards. Then again, you can't go your whole life without having any fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.