Translator

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My First Job and Civil Air Patrol

Since my last post, I have attended my First Job's Orientation day which started at 8:30 AM and went until 3 PM. I had so much fun meeting my coworkers and touring Gunstock Ski Area. I have no doubt I'm ready for this job and excited to see what will prevail from it. I have about three six-hour shifts a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings and that even gives me a day in between to rest and heal. One day I even work inside! And on top of everything, I get a season's ski pass for free, meaning I can ski and race this year. Gunstock should open on the 17th, or maybe even sooner and I'm excited to see how my first day goes. Time to buckle up and meet new people!

Also, I have attended my first two Civil Air Patrol Meetings. CAP is a youth volunteer auxiliary of the Air Force, and they meet every Thursday night. One of these two meetings was there annual holiday party which I attended tonight. There is two other girls in my wing, though I've only met one so far, and she is really nice. The other boys I'm familiar with through my brother's experiences with the CAP for his 4 years of service. He was promoted to Major tonight, a huge accomplishment as he moves on from this specific Wing to bigger and better things with college, and I admire him greatly. He is certainly my role model as I take on the responsibility to rank as fast as possible and catch up to him. My goal with joining the CAP is to concentrate on it's accomplishments and join the Air Guard as I'm graduating High School as a Physical Therapist and get my college paid for in full as well as medical insurance. Time to dream again, and it feels like I'm flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.