Translator

Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

Things that keep me going

Here are a few things that I have discovered to keep me going. It is important to be moving and social, because even though the world MAY look at you as sick and impossible, There are things we can do better than the rest when we are ill! One thing I have found and enjoy, as it gives me something to show off, be proud of, and enjoy is crafts. Things like knitting or crocheting, sewing, painting, beading, scrap-booking, sketching, and many more can give you something to have a goal for. A goal is important because you know you have something to work toward, a reason to live, and something to converse about with others! I have particularly picked up a great habit of beading that will, in the near future, possibly make me some money! I will have a big goal ahead of me! For this reason I know I have some worth, value, AND talent! The mysteries of beading have been clarified to me through books and online sources I have gathered! I experiment with patterns and forget that pain for a little while a day so I may pick up some wire and bead some more! How great is that, and I never imagined I would do so well with the colors, patterns, styles and so on!

I was at an event last weekend when Nancy (the leader of support group)'s good friend showed up and introduced herself. I didn't think much of it at first, but as we started talking I realized Nancy had spoken of me before and encouraged her about my beading work. She will be starting up a local artisan's shop where the work approved will be allowed to sit out on rented booth space for sale! What a chance for me to test this out and check my limits! In speaking with her further she explained that I can set my jewelry (if by her standards is acceptable) out in a display counter and see if it sells. I will make an income and a profit! She even was excited about my work! I am now testing many different methods of beading, crimping, styling, patterning, latches, colors, etc.! This is so special and beneficial to me as I will be able to make some money, learn some business and marketing, and see the result of great thinking, concentration, and hard labor! The opportunity is opening me up to change, new things, and creativity! Knowing that it will all work out in the end is nice too!

I also do scrap-booking from time to time and find it very special to a Lyme-fighter's senses, as it relaxes and exercises the brain. There are things I have done with scrap-booking that I surprise myself with! The talent and creativity required to sit and design page after page of art, pictures, and collected items from different places is spectacular! Seeing the aftermath of your unique concentration and effort makes it all the better as well! And for the people that aren't as crafty, it is great to just sit and put together a simple book containing memories from past life, without Lyme, and reminding yourself it will come again! Having something to look forward to, a light at the end of a tunnel, may be just what gets you by from day to day!

This is just what my personal experiences with artworking and crafts have shown me. As many I am not always in the mood to do anything concerning effort, but I have a lot of time on my hands with Home School that I never had before and I like to take advantage of it when I might!

1 comment:

  1. Here is your article!!

    http://theeclecticelement.blogspot.com/2009/05/making-difference-elainas-story.html

    If you want to add or change everything, let me know :D

    Love and Energies.
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.