Translator

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hibernation Mode

Sometimes I wish I was a bear. Fighting the cold winter months with tough skin and a thick winter coat, able to last on just the built up Carbs from the previous season. Then my body wouldn't feel the cold affects of winter, and fight back. Every day I suffer the worsened symptoms of these diseases and conditions. Barometric pressure, cold temperatures, secondary illness from a lowered immune system, and working at a ski resort part time are all factors that make winter a miserable time for me. I have a lot going on in my life, with thinking about a career and juggling friends, work, school, health, animals, volunteering, and so much more. Opportunities are being brought up to me by the day, and I have to choose which ones are worth the fight to attain a better future. With all the stress of my life, its hard to imagine I can physically handle anything more without collapsing. However, on top of it all there is typical teenage drama that every one goes through at some point in their life with dating, friends, and lack of true friends. I'm finding myself living on a prayer, but I hope this year will be the end to that, and I can live freely for once since childhood. Six years of being sick is around the corner, and I just want it to all go away.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are struggling. I was hoping the picc line had been the answer for you. When it came down to decision making time for my dd, age 18, we did not go with the PICC because she had such violent reactions to the oral antibiotics and ended up vomiting for a month straight, every bite came back up. Anyway, she started an herbal protocol with Dr. Zhang in NYC. He treats her over the phone. I first read his book and he feels strongly he can erradicate lyme and co-infections. The good thing is that nothing is toxic. This is month five. DD has had several strong but tolerable herxes. Since we think she was infected at birth, it's going to be a very long road back to health. We hope and pray her immune system can learn to function normally. Please contact me if you have any questions. My dd is Jillian McInnis on FB. I"ll suggest you for a friend for her as well. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! like the post or have some questions, concerns, or input? Comment on it.